Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, January 28, 2013

This is Twenty-seven. Three to Go!

"Soothing Sunshine"
Original pastel on Canson
6.25"x10.25", unframed
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

I'm craving sunshine and we've had a little but I sure would like some more!

Thinking of how nice the warm sun would feel on my pale skin, this was a fun one to paint with the warm and cool colors and that bright green grass.

6 comments:

mary maxam said...

You always set up your figure in marvelous ways- the light and figure planes are gorgeous!

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful! Perfectly drawn.

Sherry Schmidt said...

Wow, she's great! Beautiful colors and values~

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Mary, Karen, and Sherry: thank you for dropping by to tell me your encouraging words about my work. I appreciate it very much!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Very pretty! You've been busy, Diana!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Haha, Diane! I have been intently focused primarily on making something new and interesting every day.

It's time now to catch up on doing the mundane stuff of the artist's life. I have to order supplies, prepare panels and do paperwork.