Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Painting Challenge: Sunlit Room

Vicki chose our subject this month and I had the perfect reference all ready, one I'd been wanting to paint.

I worked on this little detailed painting over the course of several days, painting layers to get the effects I wanted.

I had fun painting this little cutie in her polka dotted dress!

(left) "Party Balloon"
Original framed oil 8"x6"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

There are three of us doing the monthly Challenge now. I'd like to add one or two new members to replace Mark, who will no longer participate. We will miss him!

I started this Challenge four years ago to ...well, challenge myself and the group. I wanted it to be for fun, painting something we might not normally think to do.

We take turns picking the puzzler and post on our blogs on the 15th. You can see all the Challenges at my sidebar. If you would like to apply to our little merry band, please contact me with your blog link and email. I would love to see your work and share with you what the Challenge entails every month.

Here are Vicki and Suzanne's stellar paintings for this month's theme: so bright and sunny!

(left, below) "Exhibition Hallway Late Afternoon" Oil on Panel, 12"x6" ©2013 V.N.Ross
(right, below) "Light" Oil on canvas, 6"x6" ©2013 Suzanne Berry





5 comments:

Mary Anne Cary said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, I appreciate it. I am glad you found mine, as I can now follow yours. love your charcoal drawings, your figures
are lovely!

Susan said...

She is definitely a cutie!
The light in all three is wonderful!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Mary Anne, I really enjoyed discovering your work too. Hope to see more. Thanks for dropping by here to check out my art, too.

Susan, thank you for your continued support of my work. It means a lot to me.

suzanneberry said...

this is such a lovely, adorable painting diana,and i love the palette! and such a little cutie!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Suzanne! I thought this one was going to be simple but it turned out to be surprisingly challenging, especially that balloon... and those dots!

I am so glad you are back doing the Challenges with us. It is really fun to see the diversity in only three paintings from our little happy band.