Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Challenge of 30 Pieces in 30 Days

Yesterday I shared here at this blog that I'm challenging myself this month to do thirty new pieces. I also have other commitments and projects so we will see what happens.

I am going to do my best to make it all happen, though, even if I don't get time to do much else.

Here is one of the thirty.

This is actually not the first one for my challenge, but the piece I was working on for the first one today needs to be photographed. It's too big for the scanner, which I realized only after finishing it late this afternoon, when there was not enough natural light to get a decent shot. Bother.

It's actually a more fitting image for the day after New Year's but it will have to wait for some sunshine. Maybe tomorrow.

So, I started the next one, small enough to put on the scanner for an image to share here.

This young woman doesn't work out at the gym to stay in shape. She didn't get this buff at a desk job, however. Besides her employment doing physical labor every day, she skins animals and makes leather garments as a hobby. She's very industrious and creative, and such an interesting model.

(above) "Hard Worker" Original pastel 6.5"x7.5", unframed
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

She's beautiful, Diana! Love the skin tones and perfect pose!! I commend you to do this challenge! I'm not fast enough!! LOL

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm not fast, either, Hilda. I keep trying to speed up my process but I seem to be taking more time due simply to the physical challenges of aging.

Thanks so much for dropping by to cheer me on. Wishing you and yours the Lord's blessings in 2013!