Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Eight Down... Twenty-two to Go

Yes, I'm still at it: creating a new piece every day for my January challenge. Granted, they are mostly small (as my daily paintings typically have been in the past), but so far I'm keeping up. I do have larger ones in mind to do, so we will see if I can get them done.

"Deliberate"
Charcoal/chalk on cotton charcoal paper
11"x8.5", unframed
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

She's beautiful, Diana!! You know exactly where to put those shadows !
Amazing piece!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's the light and shadow that shows the model's strong form and makes this pose so interesting, I think.