Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Twenty is Two-thirds

"Perchance to Dream" 
Charcoal/chalk
on grey charcoal paper
8.5"x12.5” unframed  
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin 

SOLD

I have only ten more to go in this thirty day challenge doing thirty pieces! As you've probably guessed, the paintings, even though small, take more time than the drawings. I've enjoyed doing both and each medium presents advantages or limitations.

The drawings are especially good for focusing on ideas and composition. Mentally, they seem less intimidating.That's a good thing as I'm trying to come up with something new and interesting every day.

2 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Very beautiful!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for stopping by to encourage me, Diane. It always means a lot.