Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Twenty-one

"Watching Drama" 
Charcoal/chalk on brown art paper
Unframed, approximately 15"x11” 
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

You can contact me if you'd like charcoal studies or oil paintings of your family members.

This one was done from life, which is my preference, but I can also work from photos if they have good directional light to show features. At rest poses work best with a relaxed expression rather than an open smile.

This young man was watching a movie while I sketched his features. The overhead light worked surprisingly well for capturing the bone structure, especially when I added the white chalk.

2 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful blog. Love your figure work. Thanks so much for discovering my blog. I will be back.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for stopping by here, Karen. And believe me, I'm very glad to find your blog and will enjoy seeing your work! Happy painting.