Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day Five of Thirty

On January 1, I shared here at this blog that I'm challenging myself to do 30 new pieces in 30 days. Here is the fifth piece.

This project is quite consuming, but "it's all good" as my kids sometimes say.

Although the laundry is piling up and I'm not cooking much in the way of meals, I feel much more on top of my game with this project. It's forcing me to think of what I'm drawing or painting every day and that next good piece.

Sometimes ideas simply present themselves, sometimes they are inspired, and sometimes they have to be sought, I think.

"Gliding Arms"
Original charcoal and chalk drawing
approximately 7"x12", unframed
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful drawing, Diana. I love her pose!!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda.