Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, December 19, 2008

"Reflections on a Pear" Daily Painting

Original oil, 5"x5" unframed.
Some red and green for you!
©2008 Diana Moses Botkin


Pears in the store now are quite good. We've brought them home to enjoy, and today I realized there was only one left. I wanted to paint one before they all got eaten!

So I took a break from the commissions I'm finishing to paint this green pear on the scarlet background. The bright colors were very fun to work with and a nice departure from the charcoal portrait I'm finishing up for a client.

6 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Lovely painting if somewhat short on imagination, I mean red and green? However, I guess that does tie into the Christmas colors.

Anyway, well painted as always.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Thank you Diana for stopping by my blog and for your comments, I wish to you and to your family a wonderful new year 2009, full of creativity, joy and success.
Alex

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Alex. I wish you and yours...

and also all my blog fans and followers...

a blessed 2009!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Well Bill... yes I guess it is fairly predictable with the red and green for Christmas. It was fun though. Glad you like it.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art work.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Gift Card.