Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Gold Water Plants and Reflections" Landscape

Original oil, 6"x8.5"
in classic custom frame
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD


Plein air events are a challenge in many ways. Simply finding a good spot off the road to paint awhile is the first challenge.

What to look for in the available landscape that will make an interesting painting? I liked the contrasts in this scene, especially the glowing water plants in the morning sunlight with the complementary colors reflected in the water.

3 comments:

Susan Roux said...

It looks very striking here. I'm not sure what you added to it, but it seems the right strokes!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Susan, thank you. I reworked the silhouette of the mountains to adjust previous repetitive forms and I worked on the trees some for the same reason.

Maybe I should've done a before and after photo!

hmuxo said...

Beautiful painting, Diana. Perfect shadows and the reflections are awesome!!!