Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Silver Ribbons" Plein Air Oil Landscape

Original framed oil painting, 5"x7"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


Overlooking the Clark Fork River, I painted as fast as I could before the light totally changed. I've revised this a couple of times, upping the contrast some to make a better painting with more depth.

1 comment:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for dropping by and leaving your encouraging comment, Carrie.

I am now wanting to go back to this spot and figure out an even better painting. In my hurry to paint and then get the pieces to the plein air show last weekend by deadline, I totally forgot about taking any reference photos.

Maybe that's a good thing, so I'll have to go back to the location. We'll see!