Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Calapooia View" Oregon Willamette Valley Study

Original oil, 4"x6"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

The Pacific Northwest Plein Air event drew to a close on
Monday, August 29. Artists were invited to paint downtown Hood River or at the Marina on the last day.

Our plein air pieces for exhibit were due that afternoon at the Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River. I'd been painting Mt. Hood again that morning (I'll post them soon), so needed time to get work framed for the gallery.

Because the gallery opening for the plein air show was not for several days, I left Hood River and drove to see friends' near Corvallis and rest up. I also managed to do this small plein air study one evening. The title is a reference to the river that runs through the valley.

2 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Beautiful painting...wonderful depth!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, David. It's so nice to know it reads well to others. I love blogging!