Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2011: The Exhibit

Back in Hood River for the opening of the plein air show, I arrived early for Jim Lamb's painting demo that afternoon. It's always fun to see how other artists approach their work, mix their colors and lay them on the canvas. The show was absolutely lovely at the Columbia Center for the Arts. So many wonderful paintings had been created for this exhibit, it was difficult to choose a favorite for the Artists' Choice award.

Talking with one of the artists, Joe Howard, I discovered we both had been commercial art freelancers in Oklahoma City decades ago and knew many of the same people. Small world.

No comments: