Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Headed to Another Plein Air Event

Tomorrow begins the 4th Annual Scotchman Peaks Paint Out. I've participated in this event every year since its beginning and enjoyed the challenges of trying to make paintings that capture the area's beauty and interest. For a review of paintings for Scotchman Peaks, here's a link.)

This past week, I've been preparing canvases and frames, getting my paint box in order, and gathering items I'll be needing for the next three days. I cleaned the van, inside and out, because I'll be spending a lot of time in it this weekend. And I think I'm caught up on laundry.

In the morning I'll load up all the stuff, with my husband's help, and drive to the Sandpoint area.
I'm hoping to get some painting done from Lake Pend Oreille before the opening for the "All Creatures Great and Small" show in Sandpoint. Because I have several pieces in the group exhibit, I'd especially like to drop in and see everyone's work.

Tomorrow evening, there is a gathering in Hope at Outskirts Gallery for the Scotchman Peaks participants. Lord willing, I'll be able to get there before it ends. It's not too far from Sandpoint.

Actually doing paintings this weekend will be the easy part, even considering the substantial challenges of plein air work. If you ever hear someone remark about how an artist "did that painting in only a couple of hours and look at how much it costs", remind them please, that getting paint on canvas after all the preparation is only a small chapter in the story of how the art came to be.

And so, we'll see how my art comes out in a few days!

1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

wow, sounds lovely diana!! have a wonderful time and i am so looking forward to what you paint!