Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Persimmon on Marble Tile" Still Life Painting

Original oil on hardboard, 4"x6"
in museum style gold frame
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin
 

This was my final painting for 2011, which I managed to do after finishing up the portrait of the young man. I didn't have time to show you this one last week, however. My life has been really busy with family activities this time of year. All good, and fun... but I'm certainly ready to settle down to painting again!

I'd like to thank all of you who visit this blog to encourage me, give me feedback on my work, and cheer me on. Wishing you all the Lord's best for you and your families in 2012!

9 comments:

suzanneberry said...

simply lovely. i've also been enjoying your portraits...just amazing.

VickiRossArt said...

Very nice, Diana. I did some painting on tiles and had a great time!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Suzanne! Wouldn't it be fun to do a portrait workshop together some time?!

Vicki, thank you for dropping by. Painting on tiles does sound like fun. "Persimmon on Marble Tile" is painted on hardboard.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Diana!!

pattrsnd said...

Wonderful oil, Diana! Your stills are always so well done!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Hilda, and David. Happy painting to you both in 2012!

mary maxam said...

I really like this, warm red against the cool marble tile. I can feel it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much for dropping by, Mary. I tried to keep this one fairly simple with not as much detail as I might have wanted a few years ago. I'm glad you caught the essence of the piece!

Becky Joy said...

Diana, love the persimmon. Beautiful color and so simple.