Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thoughts for the New Year

Passing from the old to the new year carries with it a desire for reflecting, evaluating, and planning for many folks. It does for me. Not to say I don't do these things for birthdays, anniversaries, the leaves dying in Fall, or during funerals and weddings.

So thinking back on 2011 reminded me of all the year has brought. It was a challenging year for many of us, especially in the arts. It was also a banner year for me with some exciting honors, including:
~ My work was accepted to Oil Painters of America National Show.
~ I was chosen to paint the art for The Festival at Sandpoint 2011.
~ My art was accepted to Richeson75 Small Works National Exhibit.
~ I was awarded 3rd Place at The Scotchman Peaks Wilderness Paint Out.
~ My art was published in 2 books: Richeson75 Small Works & Richeson75 Portraits.
~ My oil painting "Encircled" was added to Salem (Oregon) Hospital's collection.
~ A new venue, Entree Gallery at Priest Lake, added me to their artists.

It was a year of much hard work and growth for me! I completed 140 new works, including that custom-made large painting for The Festival at Sandpoint (which took me away from doing the smaller daily paintings). I also painted a number of other landscape and portrait commissions.

This past year I was invited to participate in two plein air
Paint Outs (one in Oregon and one in Idaho) and I did both of them. Additionally I participated in a number of regional art shows, plus exhibiting in my regular galleries. I also wrote work published in Professional Artist Magazine.

I'd like to thank each of you who visit this blog for your comments, feedback on my art, and your encouragement during 2011. You are a vital part of my creative process.

As 2012 unfolds and new ideas for my art take shape, I look forward to hearing from you at this blog, and I wish you blessings in your own endeavors!

6 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Congratulations on a great year, Diana!! I look forward to seeing all that you will accomplish in 2012.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you Diane. I will be watching your work, too, which is always inspiring! Thank you for stopping by to leave your kind words.

mary maxam said...

Fantastic portrait Diana and a well deserved Congrats on all that you earned in 2011...Happy 2012!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Mary, thanks so much! That intense little self-portrait was painted in response to our subject for The Challenge last July: eyes. http://dianamosesbotkin.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-challenge-eyes.html

Brad Miedema said...

Congrats on the successful year Diana! I love the portrait!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you so much, Brad.