Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Afternoon Gold" Sunny Landscape Painting

Original oil, Unframed, 5"x7"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


We've had quite a lot of snow lately. It's lovely when the sun comes out but the grey weather can get a bit much if it lasts very long.

This is a painting I started during recent grey days to rev up my brain with some color. I hope it does that for you too, especially if you're short on sunshine.

9 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Outstanding! Love the colors...and the way the all by itself tree is so proud of itself. It just glows...

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I like that. The tree does indeed look proud of itself. Thank you!

Brad Miedema said...

Wow! This is beautiful Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Brad! "Wows" are always appreciated.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Diana! You always paint the skies SO well!!

suzanneberry said...

beautifully done diana! i love this!

mary maxam said...

marvelous in the depth of color. Not just blue, but blue and gold volume somehow. very lovely.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

This looks a lot like Kansas! Lovely.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hilda: thank you for saying so. You can probably tell I do love sky painting challenges.

Thanks, Suzanne!

Mary: that means a lot coming from you.

Bill: It does resemble the Flint Hills area (one of my favorite places). However, this is the Palouse in Idaho, which is primarily farm land rather than the unplowable graze land/virgin soil of the Flint Hills.