Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Daydreaming" Study of Young Woman with Red Hair

Original oil on canvas
12"x9" unframed
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

 
I enjoyed painting this lovely redheaded model one afternoon. The loosely painted oil sketch reveals a quiet and thoughtful personality, I think. Some of the models I've painted I've gotten to know a little, but this was the first and only time painting this young woman with the beautiful hair.

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Diana. Nice colors and great skin tones...

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda. Her lovely coloring was fun to paint, especially in that regal purple dress.

mary maxam said...

Do I know her from the OPA paint out? She's wonderful, much more finished than my effort.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Good eye, Mary! I'm happy you recognize her. Wasn't she fun to paint?