Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Recent Sunset Paintings

(left) "Nightfall Glow" Oil, 2"x4" 
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin
SOLD  

Here are a couple of new little dailies: good warm-ups for bigger projects.

The sunsets are always intriguing for me and I continue to try capturing that final glow in the sky. 

It's a challenge that presents itself time and again, daring me to give it a shot. The snowy scene and the lake scene both had similar colors and that scarlet glow, but were each unique, as every sunset is.

(above) “Goodnight, Lake” Oil, 5"x7"

©2012 Diana Moses Botkin
SOLD

5 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Cathyann. It's nice to hear from you!

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Diana. Gorgeous colors!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

So beautiful!! They just glow!

Dean H. said...

Beautifully done, Diana! That magical moment.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda, Carrie, and Dean, for your encouraging remarks. Happy painting to you all!