Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Recent Figure Studies in Charcoal and Chalk

We've had many overcast or rainy days here lately, so I delayed shooting my most recent set of life drawings until there was better natural light. I finally got a little sunshine time for photographing my work. Here is the pick of the litter.

Each were
20 minute studies from the live model at Open Studio. You can purchase these and other figure studies here. 
(left) "Have a Sit"
Charcoal and chalk on tan 100% cotton paper
, 18"x12"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

(below left) "Relaxation" Charcoal/chalk/grey paper,
12"x18" ©2011 Diana Moses Botkin
(below right) "Unwind"
Charcoal/chalk/grey paper, 12"x18" ©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely charcoal drawings, Diana. Hate those days that you can't photograph but enjoyed the drawings. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Kelley, thank you! And thanks also for dropping by here and commenting. I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance.

hmuxo said...

Amazing work Diana. Figure studies are not easy...you have mastered it.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda. I don't feel like I've mastered it at all but I do love working toward that.