Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Plein Air Paintings of The Trail

(left)
"Painting the Trail"
Oil 8"x6"
©2012
Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


(right)
"Evening on the Trail"
Oil 8"x6"

©2012
Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


These two small works are what I chose to submit for the Bay Trail Paint Out show in Sandpoint the end of August. Although I painted several other pieces, none of them seemed finished enough to put them in a frame and show them at the gallery.

These two were the last ones I did during the paint out. I had fun with these after struggling with all my other pieces. These felt a lot more playful, especially in those dappled shadows and the various colors of the water.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

I love the shadows in the first one and the beautiful water in the second piece..I can see why they were sold...beautiful paintings, Diana!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Hilda. I'm happy they have good homes.