Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Childhood", our September Painting Challenge

 
(left)
"Summer Coolness"
Original unframed oil

on hardboard
10"x10"
 

©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


Mark named our Challenge this month and it turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated, coming up with an idea to fit the theme. Other members were not able to participate this month, but Mark and I managed to meet the deadline. 

The Challenge continues to be fun for our group and challenge us to come up with something we might not normally think of painting.

It certainly got me to thinking about the idea of childhood. I wanted to portray something of the innocence and playfulness of that stage of life, plus some fascination that children have with the way things are in the world.


(left) 

"Willow - May Day Celebration"
Oil on panel

8" x 10"
©2012 Mark Adams


2 comments:

Valéria Souza said...

Parabéns por tão lindas pinturas.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Obrigado.