Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Finishing Touches

I'm working on a commission and at times I need a break from it for various reasons. The reasons differ, depending on the need. The particular piece I'm painting has required additional references.


During a break, there is always yard work or some other chore to do, of course.

But if the chores aren't too pressing, I can pick up an unfinished painting from my studio corners to bring something to completion. That helps my outlook, especially if a bigger project is weighing down on me.

(left) "Pink Blouse" Oil 8"x6"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

Buy this painting on PayPal
$200 USD plus $10 SH


Each of these two pieces shown here have gone through at least a couple of stages to work out the kinks. (Some paintings do, at least in my experience.)

They both had been set aside, needing something. Now I can finally feel that the finishing touches have been added.

(left) "Red Bow Tie"
Oil 10"x8"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin 

Buy this painting on PayPal
$300 USD plus $12 SH

12 comments:

hmuxo said...

Oh Diana! Your portrait work is outstanding. These pieces are both wonderful......I love her pink blouse and beautiful expression.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hilda, thank you. It's so nice to hear from you.

Gerald Schwartz said...

Always so wonderful to see your magic and what you've been painting... Your brush work and coloring says so much about you.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Why thank you, Gerald! Your generous comments have put a smile on my face.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Your work is always so GOOD. A high standard is set and you always pull it off. I understand why you rework some pieces - it is because your eye is trained and you want it RIGHT! A treat to visit.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You are such an encouragement, Julie! Thank you for the vital reminders of why some paintings get set aside... or thrown in the fire sometimes. It's a comfort knowing others understand the struggles to "get it right".

mary maxam said...

Just excellent! They both show such personality and skill!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh I'm glad the personalities come through. Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Susan said...

I am so impressed, Diana - both of these portraits are excellent and show no signs of a struggle or of reworking. They were worth the effort and the patience!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's so nice when it's worth the effort!

suzanneberry said...

WOW! Both are stunning but my favorite is the red bow tie! Mysterious and inviting, gorgeous!

and thank you for your kind words. finally the fog has lifted. maybe it's spring. who cares, it's nice to feel like working again.

take good care!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Sweet Girl. I sure am enjoying seeing your work. Thanks for dropping by.