Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Another Drawing I Did for Staedtler

You may remember other drawings I've shown here at my blog that I did for Staedtler. Those were each for product lines the company markets now. This sketch, at right, appears on packaging for their tonal set of compressed charcoal and pastel sticks.

I'm delighted that the company is pleased with my work. Besides showing off my art on their packaging and in their advertising, they've added my original drawings to their permanent collection.  It is an honor to be associated with such an illustrious company.

Staedtler goes way back. Headquartered in Nuremberg, the company is a manufacturer and supplier of writing, artist, and engineering drawing instruments. Long before J.S. Staedtler founded his pencil making factory in 1835, the Staedtler family had been hand-making the beloved writing instrument for generations.

I still have some very fine point (000) Mars Staedtler technical pens. I used them a lot back when my eyes and back were better suited to bending over a detailed pen and ink drawing for a week's worth of hours making dots or lines. I also own some Staedtler tin pencil boxes that are about as old as I am, casual gifts from my artist father decades ago. They still carry pencils and other useful devices in my sketch bag.

10 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is wonderful and really shows your skill with the figure and volume.
I used to use their pens too - back in the day.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Julie. I'd love to see your pen & ink work from back in the day!

Ruth Andre said...

Diana, What an honor for you and your art and what beautiful works you have to show. I am so happy for you!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Ruth, thank you. It is indeed an honor and I hope lots of Staedtler customers enjoy the packaging.

Susan said...

How wonderful, Diana! The drawing is lovely and you certainly deserve this special recognition!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for the kind words, Susan.

hmuxo said...

OMGoodness Diana. Adding the color was wonderful! Again ..
Congratulations!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh thank you, Hilda. I love your enthusiasm!

mary maxam said...

I'm just catching up here...how fabulous!No surprise they want your beautiful work!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Mary!