Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Paint Out in the Columbia Gorge

After the paint out for the Trail in Sandpoint, I drove down to the Columbia Gorge for the Pacific Northwest Plein Air in the Hood River area.

The Trail paintings were a perfect warm-up for the Gorge paint out. I think I felt more comfortable with the plein air experience and paintings seemed to be working better for me. Or maybe I was just working better.

The Gorge is such a beautiful place to paint and I was pleased that I was juried in again this year for the paint out and show.

I about froze the morning I was painting "Morning Sails" up above the Columbia River last week. That's the painting with the ribbon (Best River award) in this photo. The one above it is another one of my oil paintings from the plein air paint out. I'll post images of them, and others, soon.

Our monthly Challenge is coming up on Saturday, so that's what's on my plate (er, easel) right now.

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

CONGRATULATIONS Diana, for your award for the Best River Painting..no surprise to me...It's absolutely beautiful and so well deserved!!!