Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sunset Painting Finished

As I mentioned recently, that pile of unfinished paintings in the corner taunts me from time to time. This one needed something even though it had a lot going for it. It had been sitting for a couple of years, so I added a few touches to tie it together and am calling it done.

That amazing show of glowing green sky at the horizon contrasted with the scarlet clouds is what captured my fancy.

"Sunset Splendor Show" Oil, 8"x8"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

Oh Diana..this is so beautiful...the colors reflecting in the water from the sky is spectacular! Definitely finished!!

hmuxo said...

Oh Diana..this is so beautiful...the colors reflecting in the water from the sky is spectacular! Definitely finished!!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is simply gorgeous. I agree with Hilda.

How neat that we have both painted and posted, mountains, water and skies - the only difference is...mine is the start of the day and yours is at the end. Somewhere maybe we can find and artist with a painting of the same things under the bright light of noon?

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I love blogging and getting feedback from my fellow artists. Thank you, Hilda, for your vote of confidence.

Julie, I appreciate your kind words and thumbs up on this one. Your idea to find a middle of the day painting sounds fun. I've done very few keepers in the middle of the day.

Occasionally I manage something that works but many times my efforts get scraped off or painted over. The washed out light at noon on the landscape often leaves me flummoxed and uninspired.