Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Another One from Scotchman Peaks Paint Out

(left) "Monarch Morning" oil 8"x10"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin
 

This is the piece I started Saturday morning at the Plein Air event. I felt it needed a little more something than what I got on location.

I've bumped up contrast a tiny bit. I resisted doing much to the piece, so perhaps this is enough to call it done.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

I caught up with your last few posts that I missed....these landscapes are outstanding, Diana...especially your current one..Scotchman Peaks Paint Out.....So beautiful....I would love to be there right now! wonderful work!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

it's done. I love the descriptive light on the contours of the mountain.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hilda, Thanks. I wish you could've joined us during the paint out.

Mary, I'm pleased to know you noticed that! The light was what got my attention at the scene.