Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall Plein Air Painting

"Slice of Light" Oil, 7"x5"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

Earlier this week I went with a fellow artist to nearby Kootenai Wildlife Refuge to paint en plein air. It was a beautiful afternoon and we actually had some sunshine after a week of rainy, grey days.

We drove to a couple of spots before settling on this place to get to work.

The sun set quickly and the mountain shadow darkened most of the scene before me after I'd been working only a short time. This was actually quite nice, as it contrasted with that last bit of sunlight in the distance and lit up that glorious orange tree. Sometimes on-site paintings don't work well, but this one serendipitously came together nicely.

4 comments:

mary maxam said...

dramatic sky for sure! I love the depth that those clouds create. Just beautiful

Susan said...

It certainly did come together! Wonderful work, Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Mary and Susan. I appreciate your feedback so much.

hmuxo said...

You caught that perfect light hitting the orange tree, Diana.
Beautiful painting!!!!