Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, October 10, 2014

End of Day Plein Air

(left) "Bright Evening at the Flats"
Oil, 5" x 7"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

The Pack River Flats of Lake Pend d'Oreille is one of my favorite spots for plein air painting. This little study is one I did about a month ago but felt it needed a few touch ups before it was ready for prime time. I think I'm done now.

4 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Very beautiful, Diana! Love this piece!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, David. It's nice to hear from you and I enjoyed looking at what you've been capturing lately, too.

mary maxam said...

I like the complexity of layers here, with the super zigzag pattern.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Mary. I liked that too! This place is always a challenge to capture, but so interesting.