Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Studies from OCU Art Social Evenings

Mike Wimmer's monthly Art Social evenings at Oklahoma City University are always a treat and I was fortunate to be able to participate this past January and February.

(left) "Girl in Purple Robe"
Charcoal, chalk, and pastel on grey paper 15"x11
©2016 Diana Moses Botkin

Mike offers attending artists the opportunity to draw from live costumed models and in the company of live musicians during the evening. The small girl in the study at left sat for us in January with a contented smile, composed and still, like a little princess.


During the February session, we were treated to live cello music by maestro cellist John DeVore while we drew this lovely young woman with the dark hair and eyes.

(left) "Night Eyes"
Charcoal, chalk, and pastel on Canson paper 12"x16
©2016 Diana Moses Botkin

Also while in Oklahoma City, I was able to attend Rick Berry's opening at OCU's Norick Art Center. Berry's expressive figurative paintings were an amazing sight to behold, and getting to talk to the artist about his astonishing work was a treasured gift.

4 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Oh, Diane - how I love the girl in the purple. It jumped out at me even in the tiny thumbnail!
Beautiful!

pattrsnd said...

Same here, Diana...love the "Girl in the Purple Robe!" Hope things are well with you and yours!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you both for your encouraging remarks!

Robert Bissett said...

Nice work! My fav is the dark eyes/hair. Good model. Are coming back?