Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Twenty-nine = One to Go!

"Insight" Charcoal/chalk
on charcoal paper
Unframed, approx. 8"x10” 
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

You may have noticed I've done several dark shadowy pieces lately. I am enjoying the way the faintly perceptible images create an interesting mood. They seem somewhat dreamlike, or perhaps like waking from a dream state.

Have you ever arisen from sleep with insight about something that's been on your mind?

5 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Fabulous series.

mary maxam said...

Great title on this and I like the black and white. There is just enough value change to create the story- excellent!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Looking back on the 30 in 30 Challenge and enjoyed them all. I have picked this one as my favorite. Beautifully rendered with so much of an emotional quality in it.
Congratulations on such a wide array of beautiful artwork.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for your kind and encouraging remarks, Ruth, Mary, and Julie!

Trine said...

very emotionally charged. Love it