Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, February 25, 2013

"After the Dance" Large Original Oil Painting

Oil on hardboard
20"x16” unframed
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

You might recognize this pose from the charcoal study I did for my January 30/30 Challenge. I wanted to develop that idea in color, so I've been working on this one for weeks and weeks.

Paintings this size take me awhile, so they don't really fit the "Daily Painting" definition. Please contact me if you would like price and shipping information about this piece, or any of my other work.

15 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

I am loving seeing your figure work. This one is wonderful and I love the size.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's a bit of switch to do the larger pieces when I've been used to painting small works. It feels good to have this finished and I hope someone falls in love with it!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I am in awe - this is really wonderful.

Celeste Bergin said...

I love he shoe on the floor! It really lends interest...beautifully painted :)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Julie and Celeste, for dropping by and leaving your encouragement for me. It means a lot!

VickiRossArt said...

So good to see some serious sized work! Love the angle we are viewing her from, and the composition that allow it room to breathe. Adds to the mystery!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Although I often tend toward closely cropped compositions, this one does indeed have more breathing room. Thank you for pointing that out. I appreciate your input so much, Vicki.

Susan said...

Beautifully painted, Diana - both the figure and the drapery! And so large!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Yes, large for me these days, although I used to paint bigger than this for most of my work before I started trying plein air work and doing the dailies.

Thanks so much for dropping by, Susan. It's nice to hear from you!

Gerald Schwartz said...

This is really beautiful. The feel of her leaning over effortlessly is perfect in the essence of this dancer. Well done little Lady.

hmuxo said...

This is another beautiful painting, Diana. I can see this one being sold! Such a beautiful pose... Amazing job as always!!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Gerald, thank you for your kind and encouraging words.

I appreciate that, Hilda.

pattrsnd said...

So beautiful! I just love your figurative work, Diana!

Alvin Richard said...

Beautifully captured, well light, great fluidity and softness in your brush strokes. Continued success«««««««1

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hi David! Thanks for the encouragement.

Alvin, thank you for your kind and complimentary words, and for dropping by here so I could visit your blog too!