Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Twenty-four

"Awake, Sleeper”
Oil, 10"x8” unframed
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

I've been working on a couple of other paintings but am not ready to show them to you just yet.

One is a larger piece and the other is similar to this one and the same size.

This dark technique does not photograph well and much of the subtle detail gets lost. This is much nicer, viewed in person, but I hope you can get an idea of what it looks like.

6 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

The subtle beauty of this is emotionally appealing to me. Really a beautiful painting.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Julie, thank you. I enjoy painting this kind of subtle, but dramatic light.

hmuxo said...

Outstanding, Diana. I love the shadows on her...She's beautifully painted.!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda. You are always very encouraging and I appreciate you stopping by.

Ruth Andre said...

Now this one is a favorite!!!!! It is intimate.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It is one of my favorite recent pieces, too, Ruth. I'm definitely in a chiaroscuro mood.