Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Painting Accepted to OPA's Salon Show

"Awake, Sleeper"
Original oil, 10"x8"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

I'm pleased to announce that this small figurative painting has been accepted to the 2013 Oil Painters of America Salon Show of Traditional Oils.

This is the Salon's very first year and I'm honored to have work juried into the show. The exhibit will open June 21 at Crooked Tree Arts Center in Petoskey, Michigan.

15 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Congrats!!!

Ruth Andre said...

Diana, Congratulations on this gorgeous painting being accepted to the OPA Salon Show. No easy task! So good!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Karen and Ruth. I find it difficult to know what to enter in various competitions but am, as you can guess, very pleased that one of my two entries made it into this show.

suzanneberry said...

Diana, congratulations on being accepted to the OPA Salon Show!! so deserved, this is a stunning painting!

hmuxo said...

Congratulations, Diana on being accepted!!! Not a surprise!! You deserve it!!!

Brad Miedema said...

Congratulations Diana! Love the painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Suzanne, Hilda, and Brad. Your encouragement is very much appreciated!

mary maxam said...

Congratulations, what a lovely painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Mary. I'm very pleased to have a piece in the show. I'm also happy to hear you do too!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Susan, I am thrilled too. Thanks so much for joining in my excitement.

Shirley Fachilla said...

Congratulations, Diane. It's a beautiful little painting. The show is fortunate to have it.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Shirley. I hope someone falls in love with it!

Gloria E. Moses said...

Congradulations Diane, It is a beautiful painting!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Gloria. I am now trying to figure out the exact right frame for this piece!