Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, January 12, 2015

A Small Nude Portrait Study

"Meditative" Oil, 7"x5"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

Purchase this art with PayPal
$140 USD + $10 SH

This is a little study I started from life this past fall at Open Studio when I did this other nude.

It needed some simple adjustments but sometimes those little touches take more time than one would think. I'd work on it, think I was finished, and then see something that still needed a tiny tweak. Crazy, especially since this is such a small painting.

5 comments:

mary maxam said...

Your right about the time in 'little touches' but in your work, no one would ever know. She's another serene beauty

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Mary. It is, indeed, one of the little perplexities of life to realize most people would not notice differences created by those little tweaks.

Celeste Bergin said...

really beautiful! bravo!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Celeste, thank you. I appreciate you dropping by to leave kudos. That means a lot, especially coming from you.

hmuxo said...

A beautiful portrait of this girl, Diana! Wonderful work...