Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Figurative Gesture Drawings

(left)
"Turning Around"
charcoal on grey paper, 17"x12"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

I'm finally getting some of my drawings from Open Studio last Fall photographed and inventoried. To do that, I need good natural light (sunshine) for decent digital images. Sunny days have been precious few in the past few months. We've had a few lately, however, for which I am very thankful.

These sketches and half a dozen others were the only ones I kept from several sessions with the nude model during my trip last fall to OKC.

Although it's a bit painful to throw away drawings or paintings, I'm trying to be more cold-blooded in my approach. After a few hundred sketches and as many paintings, storage can be a challenge.

(left)
"Advance"
charcoal and chalk on grey paper, 17"x12"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

pattrsnd said...

I love your loose figure drawings, Diana! I loved my life drawing classes in college...I should do them again!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You should! Surely there is an open studio sketching group somewhere near you. Drawing the figure informs other work, too.

Thanks for the kudos!