Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Nude Studies

(left) "Bent" 
charcoal/chalk on cotton paper approx. 14x11" 
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

Our model for this particular open studio session wore her boots and sometimes her eyeglasses. The footwear made for an interesting contrast.

She also had a hairstyle that I found challenging to portray: one side of her head was shaved and she wore long blond matted dreadlocks on the other side.

This young woman was a very expressive model and although I did a number of charcoal sketches that session, these are the only two I saved.

(at left)
"Studious" 
charcoal/chalk on cotton paper approx. 10.5x12"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

These two paintings are fantastic Diana. Very interesting models..and such beautiful poses.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Hilda!