Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Figure Studies in Longer Poses

(left) "Royal Role"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper 17"x12"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

These are more of my life drawings from last Fall during my trip to Oklahoma City.

The first two studies are from Pizza Night at OCU, which is always a lot of fun. The costumed models were especially interesting to study.

Both the young lady in the fluffy cape and the young man with the furry collar are studying acting. Interesting in their assumed roles, they were also very good models, holding still for the long pose.

(left below) "Introspective"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper 14"x11"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

 (right below) "Point of View" Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper 12"x10"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

These are all so beautifully painted Diana and amazing models. The last portrait is outstanding. She has such a wonderful pose.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hilda, I always love hearing from you. Thank you for your kind encouragement.