Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Light and Mood

"Deliberation"
Oil, 8"x10"
©2014 Diana Moses Botkin

Buy this painting on PayPal
$300 USD plus $12 SH 

This is a piece I started from life this past fall and finished up in December. I liked the dramatic light and the model's attitude.

As you can probably tell from the way my work is progressing, I am trying to preserve the overall mood without adding too much detail.

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I am full of admiration for your skill and full of jealousy for her figure!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh Julie, thank you for the kudos and the chuckles! You've made this grey snowy winter day full of sunshine.