Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Two Miniature Mt. Hood Daily Paintings

(left)
"Orchard View"

Original oil
3"x3" in mini frame

©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


It's pretty much winter here in north Idaho these days with cold, grey short days. I've been remembering the sunshine and hot weather I enjoyed last August at the Columbia Gorge paint out and decided it would be a nice diversion to paint some miniatures from photos I took.


"Flaming Light"
Original oil, 2.25"x3.25" in mini frame
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD


I've been working lately on some larger pieces. It takes a lot more effort to finish a bigger canvas and it's much different maintaining energy and momentum for them.

So, doing the little Mt. Hood paintings was a nice break this week from working on several uncompleted paintings that are 11"x14". It sure feels good to get something finished. It's one of the joys of painting the little jewels.

8 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Beautiful work, Diana!! I love both of these!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by to leave your encouragement, David.

hmuxo said...

Excellent paintings, Diana! They are both wonderful!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's nice to hear from you Hilda. Thank you!

mary maxam said...

Mt. Hood is so amazing, it seems in that area, you can see it from everywhere. You've done it justice with these beauties.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Amazing little paintings. Just beautiful.

Ruth Andre said...

Lovely small paintings with a lot of detail. Very nice.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Mary, Dori and Ruth. I really love hearing from each of you. Thanks for dropping by to leave your encouragement.