Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Hand Painted Christmas Ball

"Clifty Christmas 2011"
Oil on glass sphere, approx. 3", with hanger
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

Hand-painting glass Christmas balls is not something I do often. I have done others, though, and this majestic landmark in our area, snowy Clifty Mountain, has been an inspiration more than once.

This unusual painting on glass is a custom order, one of several projects that have kept me busy lately. It's a special surprise Christmas gift, commissioned by employees at a regional tree nursery for their boss. I can't wait to hear how the boss likes this unique gift of art.

6 comments:

maddyrose said...

I'm sure he'll think it's fantastic.

suzanneberry said...

he'll absolutely LOVE it, it's stunning.

pattrsnd said...

That's really beautiful, Diana! Looks very hard to do!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Painting on the delicate glass spheres, with more lengthy drying times, and simply handling them while applying paint, IS a lot more challenging and time-consuming than working on canvas or hardboard.

I've broken more than one while trying to paint on it!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Diana! Wow!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Jeanne. That means a lot coming from you. Happy painting!