Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Charcoal Figure Sketches in Quick Poses

Our artists' salon is meeting again for figure study.

We have a new model who has never modeled before. She did a good job holding still and she came prepared with ideas for poses out of several life drawing books from the library.

Her proportions and build are quite different from past models. This young lady has a long torso and short, thick arms and legs.


I found it a challenge to make her look "right" on the paper.

Here are the best picks of the short studies: three, five, and ten minutes. Contact me if you would like any of them.

(top) Charcoal on grey paper, 13"x10"


(left) Charcoal and chalk on grey paper, 18"x12"

©2010 Diana Moses Botkin

No comments: