Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Charcoal Figure Studies: Longer Poses


(left)"The New Model's Back" 18"x12"
Charcoal/chalk on 100% cotton paper

©2010 Diana Moses Botkin
 
(right) "Back Turn" approx. 15"x9"
Charcoal and chalk on grey paper

©2010 Diana Moses Botkin

To make a drawing which looks good is always my challenge when working from the model. These longer poses at Open Studio give me more opportunity to develop the line and form of the figure. You can visit my DailyPainters gallery page to easily purchase these and others.

And my next challenge is to paint the group puzzler for our November Challenge. Tune in Monday on the 15th to see what we're doing this time. It's even harder than the last one!

No comments: