Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Back Strength" 
Charcoal/chalk on tan cotton paper
Unframed, approximately 18"x12” 
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

This is a commissioned drawing I did at the end of 2012, a special piece for a customer who bought two existing life drawings and wanted a third sketch of herself. How cool is that?

This was a bit of a challenge for me, as most commissions can be. It is always wonderful that someone loves my work enough to hire me to paint a particular piece they want. And it's a little scary at the same time because the art doesn't yet exist when they hire me and I want the collector to be pleased. I'm happy to say that this was a hit with the customer.

Speaking of challenges, look for the February post tomorrow!

2 comments:

shirley fachilla said...

Your charcoal and chalk work is wonderful. I can't decide upon a favorite among them.
And yes, I remember "grasshopper."

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much for stopping by here, Shirley. Using charcoal and chalk is such a simple technique but a lot can be done with it.