Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Work at Treasured Landscape Show

"Peek-a-boo Trees"
Original oil, 7"x5"
Framed in gold frame with linen liner
©2007 Diana Moses Botkin

This small plein air painting is being shown at the "Lightning Creek Restoration" exhibit in Sandpoint, Idaho at the Panhandle State Bank gallery. Opening is tonight at 6 pm.

The National Forest Foundation, one of the sponsors of this show, has designated Lightning Creek as a Treasured Landscape.

10 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What beautiful atmosphere - you captured the light perfectly.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Julie. The light was what captured my attention at this scene!

Ruth Andre said...

Lovely little landscape.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Ruth. Thank you!

mary maxam said...

The blue between the branches here just dazzles the eye! Hope you are having a great time in your travels!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh thanks, Mary! That distant color behind the trees is what caught my eye at the scene, so I'm pleased to know my intention came through.

We are enjoying our travels and I'll post some work when I get back. There is not an easy way for me to do all that on the road. We've had a lot of rain on our trip and I spent last week walking around Florence and the museums, but we are exploring the countryside this week. There was actually some sunshine and color this morning and I got a small study done.

suzanneberry said...

beautifully done!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! I kind of love this landscape.

Connie Chadwell said...

Wow! So much beautiful painting in such a small space - I love it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I really appreciate the feedback Suzanne, Laliv, and Connie! Thank you for dropping by to encourage me.