Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wishing you a blessed Resurrection Day!

With Easter and Passover this weekend, I thought I'd share this drawing I did years ago from studies of Michelangelo's sculptures. It shows the love of Christ Jesus by His sacrificial death.

This also portrays the love of one of Christ's secret disciples, Joseph of Arimathea, who was a member of the Jewish Sanhedrin and whose tomb Jesus borrowed for a few days after His crucifixion and before His resurrection.

The calligraphy on this piece is taken from John 15:13 in the New Testament and reads, "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends".

You can find reproductions of this image and others at my website inspirational page.

12 comments:

dominique eichi said...

BEAUTIFUL, Thank you for sharing your belief in your work

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hi Dominique, I'm glad you found me! I really enjoyed your blog too and appreciate your comments here very much.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Yes, it is very beautiful! That ring of text is a lovely touch too. Very well done!

juliakulish/ art speaking said...

This is beautiful, Diana - such expression in the faces - wow. Thank you for sharing. HE is Risen!

Dar Presto said...

This is a beautiful piece. All the blessings of Easter to you and your family.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you Julia and Dar for dropping by to bless me with your comments.

He is risen indeed!

http//:jardimdaignez.blogspot.com said...

Lovely drawing! Wish too blessings for Easter. Strong beliefs too!

hmuxo said...

SO powerful, Diana. Absolutely beautiful. Happy Easter!!!

Helen Read said...

Happy Easter! Lovely drawing - it captures such emotion!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, All, for dropping by and letting me know how you've enjoyed this one. Wishing you all a blessed Resurrection celebration, too!

Celeste Bergin said...

a lovely post for Easter! Happy Easter to you, Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Celeste. Wishing you the Lord's blessings, especially as we celebrate Christ's resurrection.