Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Annual Showing of Paintings at Naples Gallery

My Opening went well last night. (Openings can be a little like weddings; there is much preparation beforehand and then usually something goes wrong that we laugh about later.) We all had lots of fun, plus a good turnout and sales.

I did a giveaway for a little gem which was especially fun for the winner. Congratulations to Mary, one of my faithful local collectors who was at the Opening last night!

Here is a snapshot of Suzanne, Naples Gallery owner, and me. Can you see Suzanne's terrific pirate belt? It's made from gun shells, which is perfect for north Idaho.

I hung almost 100 new paintings for this show, which will last a month at Naples Gallery. Doing paperwork for that many Bills of Sale took many hours this week! I give these to purchasers (and I keep a copy) as it has their name and contact info for my records, along with care and copyright information for the buyer.

It took a good portion of the day yesterday to hang that many paintings. In the morning I laid all the boxes of art and paperwork by my door, my camera, plus nice clothes for the Opening. The boys helped me load up everything in the car (I thought!).

I then drove the 40 some-odd miles to the gallery. Man I must've had a lot on my mind, because I drove right past the gallery and had to turn around.

The day went so fast, working to get everything hung up. Before I knew it, it was time for me to change out of my grubbies into something nicer. Then I realized I had forgotten to load my nice clothes!

Suzanne found me a simple black dress in her closet and a scarf for a sash. Boots and hoop earrings I had in my bag with my camera, so I wasn't totally a motherless child.

Dear Suzanne always puts on a wonderful array of food and drink. I think she outdid herself this time. Jim, her husband, had gathered maps to lay out on the food table along with pineapples, coconuts and "treasure gold" in a chest to go with our pirate theme. There were lots of Spanish dishes and beverages for all to enjoy.

Here are a handful of pictures of the event. (I wish I'd thought to ask someone to take more photos, as I was busy talking to visitors most of the evening about my work.)
Thank you to everyone who participated in the fun!

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

10 comments:

Cassie said...

I have appreciated your mini-oils at the gallery in downtown Bonners Ferry. Will try to get over to the Naples Gallery this week. Love your blog!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Cassie! I'm so glad you found me and stopped by my blog. I'll look forward to meeting you in person one of these days.

Look on my website to see my other local shows too. I'll be at my Opening at Ivano's on 6/20 for Sandpoint's ArtWalk.

I'm delighted to hear you've seen my little 'uns and have enjoyed them at Hibernia Gallery downtown. Let me hear how you like the Naples Gallery show!

Anonymous said...

Diana, looks like it was a nice show. Thank goodness for simple black dresses!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Yes, and for a kind gallery owner to loan me her clothes!

Anonymous said...

You look very elegant, hope you sold ever single piece.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I was hoping for that too! Actually, my hope is in the Lord: He never fails (unlike everyone else).

Barbara Pask said...

Sounds like you had a great show, how exciting. I can relate to forgetting things, my husband and I say we have maybe one mind between us, lol. Barb

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Haha, Barbara... I think many couples get like that and make a complete person as a pair. She hears; he sees... etc. However, I know that's not what the bible means when it says "the two shall become one"!

Frank Gardner said...

Wow! almost 100 paintings. Way to go.

I like the comment on tanned feet in the other post. I try and keep my feet as tanned as possible. If I have sandal lines on my feet I know I have been living right.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm glad to hear that, Frank. As for me, I look forward to the sandal season, as I dislike wearing most shoes.