Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Figure Drawings from "Art in the Making" in CdA

This past Saturday I participated in "Art in the Making" in Coeur d'Alene. Over a dozen artists were on hand to draw and paint from two live models.

The event was a lot of fun: beautiful drawings and paintings by talented artists, and live music by a wonderful violinist! People walked by, looked over our shoulders as we worked, and sometimes oohed and aahed, or asked a question or two.

I enjoyed the camaraderie of the group, working together to capture something on paper or canvas in our limited time.

My favorite moments, though, were when an elderly gentleman toddled through our midst with his cane, seemingly unaware that he was blocking the artists' view of the model. If he had been going a little slower, we could have drawn him too. I so enjoyed watching him, and the other artists' amusement, that I completely forgot that I had a camera with me.

The drawings above are the pick of the litter from the poses by a petite, muscular woman in a bikini who looked like she was ready for a swim in nearby Lake Coeur d'Alene.


Please email me if you would like either or both of these studies on 18"x12" cotton charcoal paper. They'll be my usual reasonable prices for unframed sketches.

3 comments:

hmuxo said...

I especially love the moment with the old man blocking the artists' view of the model!! I can just visualize it. As far as the oohs and aahs! these are beautiful sketches and I would be one of these people!! Great job, Diana.

suzanneberry said...

WOW, sounds like a lovely time diana! music, a model and a group of artists working, wonderful. and these drawings are just stunning work! thanks for sharing this.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hilda and Suzanne ~ thank you both for dropping by and leaving me your encouragement.

The online camaraderie we artists share is great too. I love "looking over your shoulder" to see what's new on your blogs.

We artists typically work alone much of the time, so gatherings and online encouragement can be a real shot in the arm for many of us. I know it sure is for me!