Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Miniature Daily Paintings: Overs

"Out My Window"
Original miniature oil painting
2.25"x3.25"

©2007 Diana Moses Botkin

If you're an artist, I'm guessing that, like I do, you have a few paintings sitting face to the wall or some little studies stuck in boxes that you plan to get back to, work on some more, fix, change, do over, or just don't have the gumption to throw in the fire.


If your profession is something other than artist, perhaps you can identify with the scenario.

Lately, I've picked up a few of these failed little 'uns and had another go at them as warm-ups.

"Evening Light"
Original miniature oil painting
3.25"x2.25"

©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


I have several projects going right now, none of which are finished enough to show here. Doing the little revamps is a good challenge to get me thinking and painting and it's nice to finish a piece, even if it's tiny.
Here are a couple of the redos. Let me know if you'd like me to send them to you. Or visit my DailyPainters gallery page to easily purchase these and others with Paypal.

No comments: