Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Last Light on Hood" Plein Air Daily Painting

After orientation and introductions at the Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2011, invited artists got to work painting the beautiful views of the Columbia River Valley from our location at the Gorge White House near Hood River, Oregon. I started 3 pieces and scraped off the morning painting and one from the afternoon, too.

This evening study of beautiful Mt. Hood with snow in shadow and rosy light worked well enough to be a keeper.

(above) "Last Light on Hood"

Original oil 7"x10" framed
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

2 comments:

Don Gray said...

You got some nice paintings out of this plein air excursion, Diana. This one really sings.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Don, especially coming from you. I was delighted that this one worked so well and hope it finds a happy home.