Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Special Study for my Festival Painting, "Twirly Girl"

Original oil on canvas
12"x9" unframed

©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

Here is a more finished painting I did of that main dancer shown in my large painting for The Festival at Sandpoint.

All my studies are being displayed at The Festival, along with the final large painting. It's been very rewarding to be there and talk with the concert goers about my work.

I've loved hearing people's remarks about the poster art and the studies. I typically work alone, so seeing reactions to my work, first-hand, is really fun. And the bidding for the large piece has been very encouraging. It is up to 3500 this evening and the festival is not even half over.

1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

diana, sorry i missed this, it's just lovely. computer problems. again, i love this!!